Thursday, June 9, 2011

Parmesan Shrimp Penne

Jim and I have had a great week. It has been very low key at work and we have a half day tomorrow. So to celebrate, I made my favorite comfort food, pasta with plenty of parmesan. Tonight it was in the form of Penne with Shrimp which was a great recipe to start with. I always like to spice things up though, so I seasoned the shrimp before cooking with garlic powder, black and red pepper, and salt. For the sauce, I used a lot more minced garlic than called for, as we LOVE garlic, and I drained the petite diced tomatoes and added a ton (accidentally, though it turned out well) of basil, some oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. A splash of white wine and some spinach finished it off beautifully. I just ate and I'm getting hungry again. Boy, how I love Italian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...