Monday, June 27, 2011

Luau!

Today I made Luau Chicken which was a delicious and different dinner for us. The original recipe makes 6 servings, so I halved the chicken used but I kept all the veggies and the sauce in the original portions.

First, I cut up the chicken and cooked it in a splash of chicken broth with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Then I added the onions, peppers, and water chestnuts and cooked them with the chicken until they were tender. Meanwhile I simmered the pineapple juice, soy, brown sugar, pineapple tidbits, cornstarch, ginger, garlic salt, and ketchup for about five minutes. Then I combined the two and added some red pepper flakes and simmered it for awhile, transferred it to a casserole dish and baked it for about an hour. After it was done, I put some green onions and sliced almonds on top which I think was a nice texture. Delicious! I've made this before without the water chestnuts and almonds and it was much better this time around!


Also, now that I had some natural light, I tried another photo of the egg tarts since last night's didn't do them justice in my opinion. Here's the result:


Jim loved the egg tarts so I must have done something right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...