Saturday, June 11, 2011

More Cake Pops!

We had Salsa Chicken again for dinner tonight which was great, except I made spanish rice as well with habaneros, which overspiced Jim a little, sadly. I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Now for dessert. Jim and I went to the farmer's market this morning with the sole purpose of berry hunting. We got blackberries (the most underrated berry in my opinion) and fresh strawberries. I decided to commemorate by making chocolate covered strawberry cake pops (minus the stick, so really just cake balls).

First, while the cake was baking, I chopped up some of the strawberries into tiny pieces, making sure I sampled a few along the way just to be sure they were delicious.


Next, the cake!


Then, I crumbled it, added the remainder (about 1/3) a can of cream cheese frosting, and a little vanilla as well, then the strawberry pieces.


Finally, the ball forming, dipping and decorating!



Tadaa!!! And that, my friends is a crazy Saturday night around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...