Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies



Oreos have a special place in my heart.  Obviously, considering the past two batches of cookies I've made have featured them rather prominently.

When I was a kid, I could never decide whether I would rather twist apart the halves and eat the center first, or dunk them in milk until they were deliciously disintegrating.

I think these cookies definitely capture all the goodness that is the Oreo.  They're a cookie within a cookie (kind of like a dream within a dream).



What makes these cookies even better is the chocolate and white chocolate chips accompanying the Oreo chunks in each cookie.  I whipped these up for the Game of Thrones season 2 premier party.  That show, and the books, are great by the way, and anyway, these cookies were a big hit.  Hope you enjoy!




Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies
(adapted from two peas and their pod)


2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup dutch processed cocoa
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped Oreos


In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.  


In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating at medium speed, then add vanilla.  


Slowly add the flower mixture, mixing slowly just until the flour disappears.  Stir in Oreos, followed by the chocolate chips.


Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat, preheat oven to 375.  Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scantly fill with dough and then roll into a ball.  Flatten slightly with palm  and place on cookie sheet, spacing about an inch and a half apart.  


Bake in center rack about 8-10 minutes, allow to cool on baking sheet an additional 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.

2 comments:

  1. When you say scantly fill a 1/4 cup spoon...I think I took that too literally. I only got 22 giant cookies out of it. I didn't pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture slowly, so I think that's why they came out a little cake-like, instead of goo-ey like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry these came out a little off for you. I'll have to go back and review the recipe, maybe I can come up with a more precise and helpful measurement for what size the dough balls shouuld be.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...