Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Burglar Alert

I just ate leftover healthy turkey loaf, so I made some burglar to spice it up.


Look's delicious huh? Here's how I make it (adapted from allrecipes).

Bulgur Wheat with Dried Fruit and Pine Nuts
(makes 2 servings)

Ingredients

1 cup water
1/2 cup dry bulgur wheat
1 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
1 teaspoon margarine
1/8 cup dried cranberries
1/8 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon chopped dried apricot
1 tablespoon pine nuts
2 green onions, chopped

Directions

1. Bring water to a boil in a pot, and mix in bulgur, bouillon granules, and butter. Cover pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes.

2. Fluff cooked bulgur with a fork, and gently mix in the onions, dried fruit, and nuts.


There you have it, easy as pie. Also, here's a picture of Cricket!


I've been meaning to mention this short anecdote. In a moment of weakness last week, I gave in to a vending machine craving. I could only walk by the new Peanut Butter Snickers so many times before I caved. And honestly, I was not impressed. It wasn't even that peanut buttery. You'd be hard pressed to find a peanut butter chocolate combo I don't like, but this is one. So if you haven't tried it yet, don't worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...