Monday, June 27, 2011

Glazed Salmon and Egg Tarts

I managed to stay up until 5am which was pretty good, and now I'm in the midst of phase 2 of the adjustment to night shift. It was really great to have a day off and spend some time with Jim and the little bug (Cricket). I made salmon for dinner (or lunch for us, rather) and it turned out GREAT.

Sweet and Hot Glazed Salmon




Seriously, I can't believe how delicious this was. The glaze consisted of apricot nectar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, cinnamon, red pepper, and dried apricots. Sounds like a weird mix, but it was so good.

After dinner and after Jim left for work, I needed a little project to keep me busy so I started my latest baking project, Portuguese Egg Tarts.


They don't look like much, but they were delicious. Here's the recipe, adapted from allrecipes.

Portuguese Egg Tarts
(makes 6)

Ingredients

1 unbaked pie crusts (I use Pillsbury)
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup white sugar, or to taste
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray 6 muffin cups with cooking spray. Cut the pie crust into circles about 3.5 inches in diameter, you want about 6 crust circles.

2. Beat together the egg yolks, sugar, cream, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl until light and foamy, about 3 minutes; strain the filling through a fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl.

3. Press a dough circle into the bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a prepared muffin cup; repeat for remaining dough pieces. Spoon each crust about 80 percent full of the egg yolk mixture.

4. Bake in the preheated oven until the crusts are golden brown, the filling is set, and the tarts are lightly browned, 20 minutes.



Also, my wedding shoes arrived this week. I'm currently wearing them around the house to try to break them in. I think they're going to go great with the dress.




So the next step in wedding planning is making the rest of the decorations and finding a veil! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...