Thursday, June 23, 2011

10 hour work days = Quick and Easy Chicken

I worked my first 10 hour shift at my new job yesterday. I've done that before in the restaurant industry but there you're moving around and interacting so much it doesn't feel like such a long time. Sitting at a desk staring at a computer screen is much different. Those of you who knew that all along, please feel free to bask in the glory of having been oh so very right.

So I got home and all I wanted to do was eat something fast and spend the rest of my time with Jim before I had to go to bed and he had to go to night shift. Thus:

Quick and Easy Chicken


My natural light pictures didn't turn out so this was the best of the lot. I'll do better next time. Anyway, it was pretty good, could have used some garlic and red pepper flakes, and I'll do that next time. But the sauce was really good and I was very successful in thickening it up. I added a spoon of corstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water toward the end and it thickened up very well. I also doubled the sauce. For dessert we had rice and mango, which is one of our favorite desserts at the Thai restaurant we go to, but they serve sticky coconut rice and mango, which is ten times tastier, sweeter, and more fattening. But delicious. If you've never tried it, do. Mango is my favorite fruit by far.

Anyway, gotta run, squeezing this post in before work. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...