Sunday, March 18, 2012

Costa Rica Wrap Up - Quepos



So we're back from a wonderful honeymoon in Costa Rica.

Actually we've been back for a week and I'm just now getting around to posting about it.

Since I lost the camera all the pictures are going to be lame from now on.  AND I'm actually going to bake today for the first time in FAAAAR too long, and I won't even be able to take good pictures of it because of the camera situation.  But back to Costa Rica.



Our final days in Costa Rica were spent on the Pacific coast in two places, Quepos and Jaco.  Neither of which am I sure how to pronounce correctly.  They were both beachy towns, but there is also a famous rainforest national park in Quepos called Manuel Antonio.  There, we saw monkeys.



Beach monkeys.  It was everything I dreamed it would be.

We hiked through the park until we got to a more secluded beach and hung out there for awhile.  Unfortunately we had only brought one bottle of water so we had to leave after not too long, but it was the most gorgeous beach I could ever even begin to imagine.  The sand was perfect, the water was warm and the most beautiful blue-green color... it was heaven.



I am a rather pale person so I brought a ton of spf 50 and 70 and smeared it ALL OVER ME like a hundred times each day.  Regardless I got fried.  I got a bit of a tan too, but then a nice burned fried layer on top.  Maybe I missed cooking so much I decided to just cook myself instead?  I don't know.  I think the sun is like a billion times stronger when you're that close to the equator.  I'm pretty sure that's scientifically accurate.

And the food.

Seafood pasta and snook with mango sauce.  Yeah, snook is a fish.  Who knew?



All in all it was an unbelievable trip and I had such a great time.  I am GOING to learn to fry plantains at home.  

Now, back to work!





1 comment:

  1. Where does one buy plantains in KS? You lost your camera and what else on that fantastic honeymoon? I remember something awhile back but......you know granny's memory these days. Sure do wish I wasn't afraid to eat Mangos any more.
    Take care. We sold our house and are looking just up the road about a mile north and a mile or so west. Probably will buy something in there altho Joe wants us to move closer to them so he can come over more. That should last maybe one more year?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...