Monday, July 11, 2011

Dinner Alone...

It's not often that I end up eating my dinner alone. Jim is usually a great sport about eating something super heavy like salmon or lasagna when he immediately wakes up for the night shift. Today, however, he couldn't do it. So I ended up cooking for just me, and it still turned out great, although I didn't use any crazy recipes.

I made my go-to quinoa tabbouleh of course.



Pretty much because it uses up all my veggies before they go bad, and it makes lunch for me for like a week! Did I mention it's also super tasty? I make it all the time...here's the recipe, adapted from allrecipes.

Quinoa Tabouli
(makes about 6 servings)

Ingredients

2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
1 pinch salt
1/8 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 dashes cumin
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, diced
2 bunches green onions, diced
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped

Directions

1. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature; fluff with a fork.

2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine olive oil, sea salt, cumin, lemon juice, vinegar, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, and parsley. Stir in cooled quinoa.



And simply because I didn't want to defrost any meat, I also made an omelette, no recipe for this one, just spinach, mozzerella and tomatoes!


Nothing exciting, just plain and simple. It is Monday after all. Meatless Monday if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...