Sunday, July 31, 2011

Catching up!

We have so much to catch up on... my July has been absolutely crazy. So let's review.

We drove up to NC with Cricket in mid-July to visit friends and celebrate three friends' engagements! Myself and Jim included. It was fabulous weather and we spent a majority of the time lounging by the pool or playing a grueling and competitive game of improvised water polo. I brought peach cobbler with me, made with real fresh Georgia peaches, which was delicious. I didn't even get a chance to take a picture of a slice of it, but here's the photos of the baking process:


Yes, all those peaches went into one cobbler. It was packed.


The cinnamon and sugar crumb dough on top was the best thing I've ever made, easily.

After that, we flew home to KC to do some wedding planning... here's a sneak preview of my planned wedding hair and makeup!





After that, we moved into our new house! Don't get too excited, we're just renting. Pictures of that will be forthcoming, but for lunch today, I cooked Szechuan shrimp and broccoli with noodles, one of Jim's most favorite, requested by name side dishes. I've talked about the shrimp before, so I'll show you the noodles! Delish!



Thankfully that's all I've got for now, phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...