Thursday, September 29, 2011

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies



Now I know I already revealed the secret to Cheater Chocolate Chip Cookies...and granted, this recipe also takes some unexpected turns, but if you're willing to take the high road, roll up your sleeves and put in an honest day's work to make perfect chocolate chip cookies, this is a great recipe.

I know I was just talking the other day about how I'm so super into new and different cookie varieties and then I make two of the simplest and most classic kinds...but sometimes I guess you just have to stick with what works.  And have you ever met someone who DOESN'T like chocolate chip cookies?  I doubt it.  If so, you might have to turn yourself in for associating with a known terrorist.  Also, these were requested, and I've never been above honoring a food-related request.

The wedding is seriously close now.  Close as in I leave in less than a week.  That kind of close.  I'm very excited.  I wish I had lost more weight.  But I guess you kind of have to look at life as a balance.  

Had I cut out everything remotely delicious from my diet, neglected my puppy in order to wear myself to the bone working out after already incredibly long shifts, and shoved actually planning my wedding to the side in favor of focusing on gym time, sure, I may have lost more weight/gotten into better shape.  However:

a) I would have been miserable
b) I probably wouldn't have been able to stick to that for even a week and 
c) When I inevitably backslid, it would have been way worse (we're talking donut binge bad)

So, I think I'll accept that right now, this is my happy weight.  I'm happy with the weight I have lost, it has made a substantial difference to me and most importantly, it was sustainable.  

That said, I plan on continuing my efforts after the wedding as, admittedly, my nights schedule was NOT helpful for me in working out.  So there is more that I could conceivably do.  For now, let's all take a moment and be happy that is IS possible to lose 18 pounds for your wedding and still enjoy a chocolate chip cookie now and then.



Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from allrecipes)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks of butter, softenend 
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 package instant vanilla jello pudding
2 eggs 
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Combine butter and sugars and mix until light and fluffy.  Mix in the jello powder.  Stir in egg and vanilla.  

Add flour gradually, stirring until incorporated.  Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired.  Drop in 1.5'' balls onto ungreased cookie sheet, bake about 12 minutes at 350.  Allow to cool on sheet for a couple minutes before removing to wire cooling racks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...