Monday, September 12, 2011

Apricot Pork Chops


Let's take a quick moment to talk about how much I love anything sweet, fruity, or both sweet and fruity with pork.  It's the perfect pairing.

Okay so I'll admit it was also just incredibly easy and quick and I had all the ingredients on hand.  I didn't think I'd be cooking tonight, but I ended up getting off work a couple hours early so...yay!  Celebrations ensued.  Goodbye 12 hour shifts (for now).

So anyway.

This is gonna be a quick and easy post about quick and easy pork because I'm tired and I have to go to bed soon.  I cheated on my diet pretty badly today and I want to hit the reset button ASAP.

Apricot Pork Chops


4 pork chops
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup pineapple juice
dash of lemon juice
1 tsp ginger
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp corn startch
1 Tbsp water


Heat oil over medium high heat.  Season pork chops with salt and pepper, cook in skillet about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.  


Meanwhile, mix preserves, juice, and ginger together in a small bowl.  


Remove cooked chops from skillet.  In the same pan, pour the apricot mixture.  Simmer on medium about 4 minutes or until thickened.  If necessary, add cornstarch mixed with water to apricot sauce to thicken, simmer an additional minute. 


 Once the apricot glaze has thickened, return pork to skillet, turning to coat.  Cook 1 minute and serve with extra glaze on top.


There you go, easy as pie...oh man pie.  I really need to get to bed before I eat everything in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...