Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cheater Chocolate Chip Cookies




It irritates me a little that of all the different cookies I make, these are always the favorite.

Chocolate chip...already a very basic cookie.  A classic of course, but uncreative.

Then to make matters worse, I've toyed around with DOZENS of different scratch recipes, and these take the cake every time.

Oh man I gave it away.  Yeah, these are not from scratch.  That's where the "cheater" part comes in.

I had a very lazy day today.  I'm trying to adjust my schedule so after a 12 hour shift I tried to sleep for only four hours.  That didn't work out too well for me.  I ended up taking a two hour nap.  I guess sometimes despite your best intentions you have to take it easy on yourself.

So grab a box of yellow cake mix (the secret ingredient) and take the easy way out.  Just this once.  We'll keep it between you and me.

Cheater Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from the shortcut cookie book)


1 package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
pinch of salt


Blend half the cake mix, butter, sugar, eggs, pinch of salt, and vanilla in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. 


 Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, and the remaining cake mix until combined.  


Drop by even spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10-13 minutes at 350, cool for a couple minutes on cookie sheet before removing to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...