Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes



I told you I was incorporating pumpkin!  And boy did I ever.  These little cakes are very pumpkin-y.  Pumpkin cupcakes with pumpkin cream cheese frosting.  I can't take the credit for this recipe...I just changed a few things about  this one.

Apparently due to the hurricane or some craziness the supply of pumpkin this year has been cut very short.  But, because as I mentioned before, I tend to do everything out of season... I already had bought some pumpkin over the summer for a pumpkin pie craving and it was just sitting in the cupboard.  But hopefully you'll catch what little supply the stores have this year and get a chance to try these.  They are delightful.  You thought I was going to say delicious again, didn't you?  Nope, delightful.  Boom.

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
(adapted from skinny taste)


Cupcakes:


1 18.25oz box spice cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup water


Frosting:


1 8oz. package 1/3 fat cream cheese
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
5 Tbsp packed brown sugar


Mix together cupcake ingredients for about 2 minutes, until smooth.  Spoon into muffin pan with liners, fill cups about 2/3 full.


Bake at 350 about 20-25 minutes.


Mix together frosting ingredients, blend until smooth.  I used a ziploc bag with the corner cut off to pipe the frosting on for these.  Only frost the ones being eaten immediately, save the rest of the frosting covered in the fridge.  


Makes about 18 cupcakes.



Just over 2 weeks to go until the wedding!  When did that happen?  My goodness.

We just called to order the catering for our rehearsal dinner, and, like always, we were dumbfounded by how incredibly nice people are (in the service industry especially, but in general in my opinion) in Kansas City.

When I moved to Georgia I thought I'd encounter that famed southern hospitality.  Well let me tell you, I don't know if it's just the part of Georgia we live in, or other circumstances, but I have NOT been impressed.  People bump into you and don't even say excuse me.  I say excuse me (somewhat needlessly, since it wasn't my fault and it's a sentiment NEVER reciprocated), but they say nothing.  What in the world is that about?  Southern hospitality, you really need to step up your game.  I have not been impressed.  Georgia, I'm talking to you.  Savannah, you're not included in this.  I love you.

That is all.


1 comment:

  1. I will be making these very soon! They look absolutely delicious and I pretty much love anything pumpkin!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...