Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chicken Parmesan


Jim requested some chicken parmesan as part of his challenge.  I've never really been a huge fan, mostly because I associate it with having been served in the cafeteria when I was a kid.  But this is an entirely different story.

I've always been more partial to spaghetti and meatballs.  But this chicken parmesan might take the cake.  

I guess I like keeping my spaghetti intact so I can twirl it around my fork...but I don't mind it if it means I get to eat delicious breaded chicken.

This is a short one.  I'm really tired, but I'll be working days soon!  Here's to normal work hours.  



Chicken Parmesan
(adapted from allrecipes)

1 egg ,baeten
4 Tbsp Italian breadcrumbs
2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/4 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 oz mozzerella

Preheat oven to 350.  Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.

Mix together breadcrumbs, half the parmesan,oregano, garlic, and onion powder.

Dip chicken breasts, first in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture.  Place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake 45 minutes.

Remove chicken to 8x8 greased pan.  Top with half the spaghetti sauce, mozzerella, and remaining parmesan.  Bake an additional 20 minutes.  Serve with remaining sauce over pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...