Friday, May 20, 2011

Zombie movies and cooking blogs

Jim and I are watching 28 Days Later, which is one of my all time favorite scary movies. I love scary movies almost as much as I love food, although let me be specific. I like creepy scary movies, not gory scary movies. Like for instance, I hate the "Saw" movies but I love movies like "The Orphanage" or "Sixth Sense". I will add one caveat though, and that would be zombie movies. I just like to think about how I would do everything better than the people in the movies and thus would survive longer/better etc. Anyway, back to the food.

I made Salsa Chicken tonight, which I've made once before and it came out delicious both times. It's great because it gives me my spicy and cheesy fix, and it is SO simple and fast. It satisfies my cravings for Mexican without the added calories of a tortilla. Plus, I'm notoriously challenged when it comes to cooking chicken. I'm always terrified that it's going to be undercooked and give me salmonella so I end up overcooking it and making it dry. The salsa chicken is baked just perfectly though, and it stays moist and wonderful. I also made Spanish rice to go along with it which was easy and tasty, although next time I think I'll add more spices and maybe some cumin.





Finally, to satisfy my baking urges and because I had some sour cream in the fridge that I needed to use, I made Jim's mom's famous sour cream sugar cookies. She sent him some while we were in California together and everyone who tried them just loved them. I bring them in to my coworkers on a regular basis and no one can believe there's sour cream in them. I also submitted them as my first official recipe to allrecipes.com, Eileen's delicious cookies.

We're going up to Raleigh later this month to visit Jim's friends Gerard and Kristin and I think I"m going to bring them a treat...another form of cake pops. This time I'll use spice cake mix and cream cheese frosting, and dip them in vanilla candy melts. I'm very excited, I'm pretty much obsessed with cake balls lately and I think these are going to turn out even better than the ones before. After these, I'm going to attempt Red Velvet with cream cheese dipped in vanilla, then strawberry with vanilla dipped in chocolate, and maybe yellow with nutella dipped in chocolate. Ooh delicious. Anyway, back to the zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...