Monday, May 30, 2011

Busy busy weekend

Just got back from Raleigh, it was a busy very fun weekend. One of Jim's favorite things to do when we visit new places is stake out the college campuses. So we stopped by Duke, NC, and NC State. It was a lot of fun. We got to see Gerard and Kristin who we don't get to see very often. They are a lot of fun, hilarious to talk to!

They loved the cake pops! This was only the second time I've shared my baked goods with them, the first time was about 6 months ago when I brought Jayhawk Pie, I call it that because it's cherry/blueberry and KU's colors are red and blue. Gerard loved the pie so much that when I said I brought baked goods he was disappointed at first that it wasn't the pie. Once he tasted a cake pop I believe he was sold.

This weekend was kind of a bonanza of eating like crap. We'll call it an "off" weekend. Tomorrow morning I face the dreaded scale and we'll see. For dinner tonight I whipped up just a real quick pasta, Chicken, Sausage and Bow Ties. I totally forgot to take a picture of it, but it was tasty. And we are gonna have a crazy huge amount of leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

In more exciting news, Jim and I got a puppy today. Her name is Cricket and she is a Sheltie, or Shetland Sheepdog if you prefer. Or mini-collie if you want to make it real easy. Seeing Jim interact with her reminds me of how good a dad he'll be one day. Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...