Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's 97 degrees out and we aren't running the AC

So it only makes sense to cook something spicy, right? Tonight's Dinner was spicy lime grilled shrimp and linguine noodles with broccoli and mozzarella. It came out really well, a little spicy for Jim but I love the spice.

Here's my rendition:

This was Day 1 of what promises to be my most delicious weekly menu yet. Have I raved yet about how much I love allrecipes and especially it's supporting membership features? One of which let's you design menus and then create shopping lists based on those menus. Oh goodness, I can't get enough of it.

Also, I've decided that I'm going to bring cake pops to Raleigh, but instead of using the spice cake mix I had laying around (that's more autumny imho) I bought some lemon cake mix today. So lemon cake + cream cheese frosting + dipped in vanilla candy melts = delicious!

Other things I'm super excited about include, but are not limited to, this awesome heart rate monitor that I want desperately as well as the new and final book in the Game of Thrones series of books by George R. R. Martin called "Dance of Dragons". It comes out the day before my birthday so I plan to finish my current series by then and reread all the other books in his series by that time. As well as study for my big test in July, continue to cook like a crazy woman and plan my wedding. Where does surfing the web for inordinately long hours fit in there? I'm not sure.

Anyway, back to Air Force One on TV. Harrison Ford is my favorite on screen president EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...