Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How is it so hot here already?

94 degrees today. In May? Okay so it's late may, and it IS Georgia I suppose, but still. Just on principle, that's a little ridiculous. Jim and I went golfing after work, we walked nine holes and I was so exhausted by the end of it that I literally was too hot to sweat. But, on the plus side I'm sure I burned a lot of calories.

I had pork chops marinating in root beer all day in the fridge and when we got home I had Jim start grilling them while I made bulgur and the sauace for the pork chops. I know root beer pork chops sounds crazy but Jim absolutely loved them. As I sometimes have been known to do, I flubbed the timing a bit and the sauce was a little too thin, but oh well. It was still really good. My favorite part of the meal was the bulgur, as usual though, because it is that good. In my quest for healthier cooking ideas I came across bulgur, which is a barley-type of grain alternative to rice. I like to cook it with chicken granules and then add green onion, pine nuts, dried cranberries, golden raisins and apricots at the end. Absolutely delicious. Jim calls it "burglar".




I think I'm going to break up the cake pops that I'm making for Raleigh into two nights...bake the cake tomorrow, Thursday mix it with the icing, form the balls and freeze them, and then Friday night dip them and decorate them. Yay!

Now I'm off to watch some netflix with Jim and enjoy a skinny cow ice cream treat (I LOVE skinny cow). But really quick, I will mention that I've been stumbling across all sorts of really neat websites, especially cooking blogs (I guess my ideas are rather unoriginal, but that doesn't make them less delicious) which I will add to my list of links I love. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...