Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Sandwich


Dear Thanksgiving,

I love you so much.  I'm so sorry I started eyeballing Christmas decorations early this year.

I know that the last leftovers of our feast are almost totally depleted, but I'm not ready to let you go yet.

I'll never let go.

Love,


Ashley


That's why I made this turktastic sandwich with what remained of my leftovers today!  Some of you may remember me rambling on and on about it...it basically involves bread, butter, dijon, stuffing, turkey, cranberry sauce, a skillet and a whole lot of love.  This is the sandwich I've pined for since last December, and it tasted like a sweet slice of heaven topped with a dollop of dreams come true.

You thought your leftover turkey was dried out and gross and only fit for soup?  Wrong!  You thought nobody wanted that last couple tablespoons of cranberry sauce?  Think again!

Make this sandwich immediately.  If you're all out of leftovers...I am so sorry because this must be torture.


Thanksgiving Sandwich

2 slices wheat bread
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp margarine or butter
1/8 cup cranberry sauce
1/2 cup leftover turkey
1/4 cup stuffing

How do you give directions on sandwich making?  It's not rocket science....but here goes.  

Butter/spread margarine on the outside of each slice of bread.  Spread dijon on the inside.  Pile on turkey, cranberry, and stuffing.  Grill in a skillet over medium heat, about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.  Slice diagonally, that is the only correct way to slice a sandwich.  Obviously.  Devour ravenously.


I also threw a little ladies wine party last weekend as well.  Here was my spread.




And the desserts.  I can't take credit for the yogurt pretzels but they are fantastic.


And spinach dip.  Delicious.  I just followed this recipe, and it came out great!


Hope everyone is enjoying their official Christmas season.  I know at our house, the true bakestravaganza has begun, I'm lighting up the tree every minute I'm at home, and I'm listening to exclusively Christmas music.  It's awesome.

Side note...I love Christmas music, but there are a select few songs that drive me nuts.  They are, in no particular order:

I Like Sleigh Rides (yeah okay, we get it)
Santa Baby (gross...stop trying flirt with Santa for better presents!)
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (the kid who saw that should be much more disturbed than he sounds)

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...