Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Green Monster Smoothie



Have you ever experienced that phenomenon that something you once looked at and thought "yuck"... the more you see it, the more it grows on you?  Until one day you just snap and cut bangs, put on your shirt dress and skinny jeans with ugg boots and go out to buy leg warmers.  I've been there.  Leg warmers are so cute.  And who wouldn't want these $80 boot socks?



Socks for $80?!?!?!  Yeah, I know, I know.  Hey, it's not like I own them.




It's kind of like how in order to learn a new word you have to hear it/read it like 7 times or something.

Or like with babies, they have to try a food (i.e. veggies) 15 times before they can even decide if they like it or not. 

Anyway, that's kind of like these smoothies.  At first glance, you might think something like this.

"Green.  Vegetables.  Healthy.  Wheatgrass?  Hippies.  Gross gross gross."

That's what I thought too.  It's okay.  You won't taste the green part, I promise.  Seriously.  It's super healthy and more importantly, delicious.  Soon you'll be looking at this and thinking, "holy delicious, yes yes yes."

I got a blender like a month ago and have made something with it every day since.  I don't know why (or how) I lived my life up until this point without one, and I really don't understand what all you blender-havers have been doing all the time you weren't making smoothies...suffice it to say, we both have been wrong.

Make it right.



Green Monster Smoothie

3 ice cubes, crushed.
1 banana, sliced
3 strawberries
6 chunks pineapple
2/3 cup mango juice
1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
1 big old handful of fresh spinach

Put it all in the blender and puree for about 15 seconds.  Makes one large smoothie.

If I want to make it into a meal, I add a scoop of vanilla protein powder.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...