Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



So I have been so crazy busy lately you wouldn't even believe it.  
Work has been hectic.

I've been baking like a mad woman.

I've been trying to work out a lot more.

I just made two cookie varieties and jayhawk pie for a tailgate on Saturday.  So exciting.

Anyway, the point of all this is that I've been neglecting my blog.  Poor little neglectstravaganza.  I wanted to share a couple things with you, though. 


First, I'm turning into an old woman who is unable to open salsa jars when left home alone.  It's hopeless.  Side note, that was my first little flirtation with Jim.  He was living a couple doors down with me and I knocked on his door and asked him to open this salsa jar for me (even though I was fairly certain if I kept at it I could probably get it, but why bother with that when a cute boy lives next door?).  He tried....tried again...once more.  Then he asked if he could keep the jar for a few minutes to work on it.  I laughed and said sure...and then like five minutes later there was a knock at my door and a triumphant, smiling Jim presented me with an open jar of salsa.  

That's how love happens, people.  Bravery and persistence.

The second thing I'd like to share is these cookies.  Just in case you need more pumpkin in your life, and more specifically in your cookies (and soon afterwards, in your face).



  

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes two dozen, adapted from Skinny Taste) 

1/2 cup pastry flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 egg white
2 tbsp pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts

Sift together flours, baking soda, spice, and salt.  In a separate bowl, whisk together  sugars, butter, egg white, pumpkin, and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Whisk the flour into the wet ingredients until well combined.  Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.  

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a silicon baking mat.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until just slightly brown at the edges.  Allow to cool an additional 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...