Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Pie



So...I made Thanksgiving dinner after all!



I wasn't going to, since I had to work and all, but I was sitting at work and just thinking about how sad I would be coming late to a Thanksgiving dinner when everyone else has already eaten and just picking at someone else's leftovers...really, I can't imagine a sadder state of affairs on Thanksgiving, so.  I decided to just do it myself!

I'll get to the whole meal soon, but let's start with my personal favorite part of this and every meal...dessert.



Pumpkin Pie

1 (15oz.) can pumpkin
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 unbaked pie crust (I used this one, originally from Joy the baker, and halved the recipe)

Preheat oven to 425.  Whisk together the filling ingredients until smooth.  Pour into crust, cover edges with foil, and bake 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking another 35-40 minutes.  Move to lowest rack of the oven for 10 minutes longer to finish baking the crust, and remove to wire rack to cool completely.


Oh and one last thing.  Let's not say "punkin".  Let's never ever say that, because it's not a word, and we don't want to sound like idiots.  Seriously, why do people do that?  Just stop.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...