Monday, October 31, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


Happy Halloween!  

Unfortunately I have to work tonight.  Sad face.

Fortunately, that means I have an excuse to bring my coworkers treats.  

I wanted to mix a trick and a treat for these cookies.  The trick being played on Jim in the form of the house smelling strongly of peanut butter.  The treat, obviously, is my favorite Halloween treat, Reese's, pressed into the middle.

These are disappointingly some of my most delicious cookies.  Why is that disappointing?  Because I suspect that the deliciosity has more to do with the inherent tastiness and popularity of Reese's and less to do with my skill as a baker.

Regardless, these are too good.  You should bake them up and give them out.  But not for trick or treaters, that would be a bad idea.  There's almost never a time when giving out baked goods is a bad idea, but unfortunately Halloween is that exception.

Also, on a Halloween related note, I have two stories to tell you.  

First.  If you thought I would let this Halloween go by without dressing my dog up in some sort of ridiculous outfit, you don't know me at all, and I don't know if we can be friends anymore.  Here you go.

I said I wanted to be a princess.  What the heck is this?

Seriously, Mom...not cool.
Maybe if I pose for one picture she'll take this thing off me.

This was like 45 seconds into wearing it, FYI.

And the winner of the Looking Miserable in my Costume contest is.... Cricket!  

Yeah I'm sorry.  She wore the thing for a total of like a minute and a half, so don't think I'm a bad pet mom. Oh man she hated that thing.  

And now, the story of me trying to take cute food photos.  Spoiler alert: it's a skill pretty much absent from my extensive repertoire.

Reese's pyramid, bite taken, leaves in the back, how could this not be awesome?

Bu I always have to up the ante, don't I?

Getting more and more precarious....

You knew it would end like this, right?  For sure.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
(makes 40, adapted from allrecipes)


1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp milk
40 miniature peanut butter cups


Sift together flour, salt, baking soda.  In a separate bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until fluffy.  Add egg, vanilla, and milk, beating until combined.  Add flour mixture in three batches, beating after each addition.  


Roll the dough into 40 balls, about 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter.  Bake in a mini muffin pan at 375 for 8-9 minutes.  While baking, unwrap the peanut butter cups.  Remove cookies from oven and immediately press a peanut butter cup into each cookie.  Cool in pan about 10 minutes, remove carefully to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious!!!! How funny is that costume---bat, right? Why would (boy) Cricket want to be a princess, or is that your unfulfilled childhood dream coming out? Now I know why my Lucy got the bee costume ( :

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...