Monday, September 24, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars


I'm coming to you live from my couch, bundled in sweats and a blanket and I'm still a little chilly.  It is fantastic.  Since about May we've had the thermostat in the house set at 80.  Here in Georgia, if you have it set lower than that...the AC never shuts off.  Never.

So this is the first night it's been cool enough for us to open up the windows, turn off the AC and cool this place off.  It is glorious I'm telling you. 

Also a glorious sign of autumn...I had my first ever salted caramel mocha frappucino from Starbucks.  It was life-altering.  I'll have to find a way to incorporate salted caramel at some point.



And it certainly gets me in the mood for fall.  But then again, what doesn't?  I'm always looking for an excuse to use some pumpkin!

I'm sure I've mentioned my fascination with combining pumpkin and chocolate...and so it continues.  What a great idea.



I whipped up these delicious little babies today.  They're part brownie, part pumpkin bar, and part chocolate chip cookie.  However, they are 100% delectable.

Eat it with a fork, and grab a glass of milk.  You're welcome.  Happy fall!


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
(from Two Peas and Their Pod)

2 cups flour
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 package (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.  

Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.  Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined.  Add in pumpkin puree and mix well.  

Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture just until combined.  Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into the greased pan.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Allow bars to cool in pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...