Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cayenne Sweet Potato Fries



Today was the first not extremely humid day that we've had here in awhile.  And by awhile I mean awhile.  In Georgia, that's how you can tell that fall's coming.  It's not quite here yet (except in my head), but it's coming.  I guess Target thinks it's here already too, though, because they already have all the fall/Halloween decorations out in full force.  Not complaining...I think that's awesome.

I've recently become obsessed with Joy the Baker Podcast.  I guess I shouldn't say recently because I've known about it for awhile, but in the past week, I've probably listened to like perhaps 10 hours of these two lady food bloggers chatting about nothing in particular.  It's awesome.  They are Joy the Baker (obviously) and Tracey of Shutterbean.  I love Joy the Baker's pie crust recipe...it's officially the only one I use now, and I swear by it to anyone who will listen to me ramble about crust.  Anyway, it's highly entertaining, you should check it out.




I've been talking a lot lately about how excited I am to start using some fall flavors.  So I figured I'd start with something not desserty, to prepare you for the deluge of sweets that is about to come your way.  It's a-coming like a freight train, best believe.  


Have you ever had sweet potato fries before?  They're really really delicious.  Sure, regular fries will always have their place in my heart, but these are crazy good as well.  The best part is I put a healthy dose of spice on them, so if you're a fan of spicy stuff, you'll love it.

Best of all, a serving is like 105 calories.




Cayenne Sweet Potato Fries
(makes 4 servings, adapted from Women's Health)

2 sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more if you want it REAL spicy)
1/2 tsp salt.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Slice your peeled potatoes in half lengthwise, then into about 6 wedges per half (totaling around 24 wedges if that's unclear).  Place fries in a large bowl.

Add oil, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt.  Toss to coat well, evenly distributing spices.

Pour fries out onto the baking sheet and bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes or until tender.  Best eaten immediately!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...