Friday, February 10, 2012

One Pot Mac and Cheese


I'm ready for my weekend. 

So ready, I'm busting out the comfort food.  

The sad reality is, I actually have to work tomorrow.  So while for my dear sweet awesome husband, the revelry has begun...I still have 5am looming over my head like some sort of highly motivated morning-person of an executioner, grimly waiting for the inevitable earliness of tomorrow morning.

That may have been just a tad drama queen.  Not everyone is sympathetic toward my situation, especially when certain people know that I get Monday off as well.  But let's forget about that for now.

Let's talk about noodles and delicious cheeses.


Jim really enjoys his mac and cheese.  A lot.  Like an insane amount.  

And since I don't like the powdered kind, I experimented with a homemade, one-pot, taste-explosion version.  


One Pot Mac and Cheese


2 cups noodes (I used cavatappi)
2 1/4 cups skim milk
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
1 heaping cup cheese (I used a colby-monterey jack mix)


Place milk, butter, salt, and noodes into a saucepan.  Heat on the stove over medium-high heat, stirring very often until milk starts to boil.  Reduce to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring very often.


Once almost all the milk has been absorbed, add the cheese, stirring until melted.  Serve warm.  If you want to spice it up you can top with breadcrumbs, more salt and pepper, throw in some broccoli...there are countless delicious variations to be tried.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever seen fabio's macaroni and cheese? Super fattening but I have been afraid to make it because you have to put a pan over water.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...