Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mango Curry Dip




I know I'm woefully overdue for the superbowl.  I know that.

But I made this nifty little dip for the superbowl party we attended.

A few unrelated things on that note.  No matter how much any of us may like or dislike the Patriots, we all have to agree that they deserved better than what we saw on Sunday.  Nobody should go out like that.  They're better than that.

Back to food.

This dip sounds weird.  It sounds crazy.  It's fine if you don't believe me.  If you think you're not a mango, curry, or cream cheese person.  Just wait until one of your super cool friends brings this over to your house and you find yourself consuming like half of it in 4 bites.  When your crackers snap under the sheer weight of the dip you're attempting to fit on them, that's when you'll know that I was oh so right.



Oh and did I mention it's even crazy crazy easy and creative?  Yeah no baking involved.

Before we get to the recipe though, can we discuss mango a bit?  Is it the most underrated fruit or what?  I mean, it frankly doesn't get any more delicious and they don't even have a mango milk shake at Cookout.  Where is the love?

Here, that's where.


I know that picture isn't great, okay?  I know.

Mango Curry Dip
(adapted from janet is hungry)

1 8oz box cream cheese, softened
3/4 jar mango chutney (I recommend Major Grey's)
1/2 jar peach preserves
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp curry powder


With an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and curry.  Stir in cheddar.


With a rubber spatula, spread the cream cheese layer onto a plate or serving dish.  Or in my case, into a pie pan.  


Using the electric mixer, combine peach preserves and chutney until smooth.  Spread the chutney layer over the cream cheese.  Chill until ready to serve.


(I always serve this with black pepper water crackers, they're great.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...