Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Maple Glazed Salmon




Have we discussed at length my obsession with real maple syrup?

It's spectacular.  Subtle and delicious.  It's pretty much why pancakes were invented.  Because when we're honest with ourselves, aren't pancakes really just doughy little syrup receptacles?

But this isn't about pancakes.  I know, you were excited, so was I, but no.  Another time.

Salmon.

Put syrup on your fish.  Do it.

I did!

Courtesy of a present from Jen...a gigantic jug of real New York maple syrup.  Oh man it's crazy good.  Excellent work, Jen.



I love salmon with a delicious sweet glaze.  I've actually been making this recipe for like a year.  I can't believe I haven't put it up here yet.


Maple Glazed Salmon
(adapted from allrecipes)


2 4-6oz salmon fillets
1/4 cup maple syrup + 1 Tbsp, divided
2 Tbsp soy sauce (I use Tamari)
2 cloves garlic, minced.
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp corn starch
1 1/2 Tbsp water


In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup syrup, soy sauce, garlic, pepper, and garlic salt.  Pour mixture into a shallow dish.  Poke a few holes in the up-side of your salmon fillets and then place them face down (skin up) in the dish.  Cover and place in fridge to marinate 30 minutes.


Preheat oven to 400.  Grease a baking dish and place fish, skin-side down in the dish.  Place in oven to bake for about 25 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.


Pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan.  Add the last 1 Tbsp maple syrup.  Mix together corn starch, and just enough water to dissolve the cornstarch (about 1 Tbsp water).  Add this cornstarch slurry (yes, that's what it's called) to the sauce and mix well.  Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly.  Reduce heat to low, continuing to stir until sauce thickens.


Remove salmon from oven, top with glaze and serve.

1 comment:

  1. :) Glad you like... my FFA kiddos would be proud. Also, you reminded me that I have to get MOM some!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...