Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Crunch Cookies

So I talk a lot on here about how Jim won't eat peanut butter.  Well, today I found out first-hand what happens when he does.  It's not too pretty.  I'll need to ease up on that one.

One of our friends (who is such an awesome baker I think she should be writing a blog) made us a bunch of Christmas treats, including some homemade chocolate candies filled with peanut butter and what tasted like chocolate brownies.  Anyway, Jim ate one of the peanut butter ones unknowingly and proceeded to gag and gag and almost throw up until he doused himself with original flavor mouthwash.  UGH.  That stuff tastes like gasoline.

Anyway, now I know.  I'll try to be a little nicer about that whole peanut butter thing.
One way I can do that I think is to make delicious peanut butter-less confections instead.  


Like these, what my husband described as tasting like "the sandwich part of an ice cream chipwich."


Which I take to be a good thing.
*no cookies were licked during the making of this post.

Cricket heartily agreed.  Look at her sticking her goofy snoot through the chair back trying to get a taste.  I am so ready for Christmas break.


Christmas Crunch Cookies
(adapted from blue eyed bakers)

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup M&M’s
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup Rice Krispies
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg


Cream together sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla.  In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, oats, and Krispies.  Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring to incorporate.  Add M&M's and white chocolate chips, stir.  Dough will be crumbly.


Preheat oven to 350.  Roll cookies into balls about the size of a ping pong ball and lightly press into disk shape.  The dough was very piecey for me, at times I had to add or remove excess candy/chips with my fingers.  Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes until the white chocolate chips are barely turning golden.  Remove to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool before serving/storing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...