Thursday, October 6, 2011

Root Beer Float Cake



You may notice something different about this post.  No, that is not my dream kitchen's granite countertop and classy backsplash.  No, I never think to buy cute-as-a-bug's-ear paper plates.  No, my indoor lighting is never this good in my normal pictures.  That's because this is my very first official on the road post!  We are smack dab in the middle of wedding week.  It is officially upon us.  I'm baking in my home away from home, aka Dad's house.  It doesn't hurt that Dad just so happens to be a master electrician, thus the awesome lighting.

Someday I want to be cool enough at my job to have the word "master" in front of my title.  I think that's how you know you've arrived.  Also, I want to be able to do something as practical and amazing as installing my own crazy nice kitchen lighting.  I guess I'll just have to settle for being able to make a root bear float cake.


Root beer, because there's root beer in the cake part.  Get it?  Simple yet effective.


This is a four ingredient cake.  I just showed you two of them.  No joke.  To make the cake, pour a root beer in the cake mix and stir it around.  Bam.


Bake it at 350 in two 8'' round cake pans.  Make sure they're greased thoroughly.  Bake 18-20 minutes.


When the cake is completely cooled, transfer one of the layers to a cake plate.  Wash out the pan that you baked the layer in, and then line it with wax paper.  Press half a container of vanilla bean ice cream into the cake pan to make the ice cream layer.  Refreeze the ice cream for about a half hour.  Did you just now realize this is an ice cream cake?  Because it is.  That's right.  My first two layer cake was an ice cream cake.  Thank you.  

Use the wax paper to remove the ice cream from the pan, placing it on the bottom later of cake.  Top with the second layer of cake, wrap the whole thin in plastic wrap, and allow to freeze completely for 3ish hours or over night.


Use one 8oz container of Cool Whip to ice the whole thing.  Cover (I used my stepmom's awesome cake globe(?)...I need to get one.  Put it back in the freezer for about a half hour, or however long until you serve it.  

Ice cream cake.  Easy, root-beery, 4 ingredients.  Boom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...