Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies

Have I mentioned that Nutella is my absolute favorite food? I know that changes weekly, but it's true.

So when I stumbled across this recipe, adapted from Delightful Bitefuls, I had to try it.




Much to Jim's dismay I might add.

I keep trying to convince him (to no avail) that he should work to overcome his aversion to peanut butter, but he won't even try. I tried telling him that he's too much of a man to let something as lame as peanut butter beat him, but he just says that's the way it is?

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get him to love peanut butter as much as I do? Because it's starting to affect my baking.

While you think, go ahead and whip up these little beauties...they're easy and if you love Nutella like I do, you probably have all the ingredients on hand!


Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies

Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup Nutella

Directions

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well blended.

Add flour, baking soda and salt. Drizzle Nutella on top of the dough then swirl it through the dough with a butter knife.

Chill dough 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Roll into balls by hand. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Using a fork, press down the balls to flatten slightly. Bake until edges are very lightly browned (about 7 to 10 minutes).

Allow to rest 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring cookies to a cooling rack.

This should make about 40 cookies.


I insist you don't worry about the calories on this one...just make them and share them and love them and bye!

4 comments:

  1. oh and there's no hope on the Jimbo front. It's not going to happen if it hasn't yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Jen, that was kind of my fear. =\ But I'm not ready to give up. I think I'm going to start sneaking minute amounts into stuff he loves...we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...