Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Banana Oatmeal Walnut Cookies


So I put on my beautiful new apron (a shower gift from my best friend/MoH Brandy) and made the best banana nut cookies that anyone has ever heard of. And somehow they are low fat.


I insist you go make them immediately. Oh, and a big thanks to Jim for relinquishing his glass of milk long enough for me to snap the photo.


Today's dinner was simple, just a crockpot turkey chili that I've made many times before. In my family, chili is always served over some sort of pasta, almost always shells. But as I meandered through what I like to call "the good Kroger" the other day on my usual two hour grocery store trip, I noticed a new pasta shape called Cavatappi.


I tried it out and it turns out it's delicious. The texture, the ease of eating it with a fork or spoon, and visually...just what a great shape! So here's how that chili turned out.


It was great... I followed the recipe except I added 2 tbsp brown sugar, twice the cumin, and simmered it in the crockpot for about 8 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...