Saturday, January 11, 2014

Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake


I, quite predictably, am on a diet these days, just like the rest of the world.  New year new you right?  I have my Fitbit on, and I'm making an effort to count calories.

However, I keep getting invited to dinners and when I ask what I can bring...what do you think is requested?  I'll give you a hint...it's not salad.  But I have found a deliciously sneaky way to compromise.



These cheesecake bars are only about 154 calories each, but they taste absolutely sinful.  So, if you need a way to splurge without undoing all your hard, new year's resolution work...these are for you!  I used strawberry jam, but I think they would be amazing with raspberry or blackberry as well.


Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
(adapted from skinnytaste, makes 9 bars)

1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs (I ran a rolling pin over the crackers in a gallon ziploc)
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
8 oz package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
6 oz. fat free, vanilla yogurt 
2 large egg whites
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 cup strawberry jam (or whatever flavor you prefer).

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease an 8x8'' pan with nonstick spray.

In a small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until all the crumbs have been moistened.  Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium-low until smooth.  Gradually beat in yogurt, egg whites, lemon juice, and flour.  Beat until smooth, but do not overmix.  Pour mixture over the crust and smooth into an even layer.

In a small bowl, stir the jam until it is smooth.  Drop by spoonfuls on top of the cream cheese layer.  Using a knife, being careful not to disrupt the crust, swirl the jam into the cheesecake creating a marbled pattern on top.

Bake in preheated oven about 25-30 minutes or until the middle is almost set.  Cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...