Friday, January 17, 2014

Apple Cheddar Dog Biscuits




I absolutely love baking, and I absolutely love my dog (obviously).  I'm on my stupid new year's diet, so it's not like I can be whipping up delicious cookies for myself, so I figured why not for Cricket?

Although when these apple-y cheesy little suckers are baking...they really smell like I should probably be the one eating them.  





She waited very patiently during the photo shoot...


But you can just tell by those eyes that she could hardly contain her excitement.  These smell like goldfish crackers to me...and those are one of Cricket's favorite people foods to swipe.

Enjoy!



Apple Cheddar Dog Biscuits
(adapted from love and cupcakes blog)

1 cup quinoa flour (you can sub wheat or all-purpose flour if you prefer)
1 cup old fashioned oats (ground into flour)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp water

Preheat the oven to 350.  Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.

In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together to form a dough.  Between two sheets of floured wax paper, roll dough out into an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick.  Using a cookie cutter of whatever shape you prefer, cut out biscuits.  Space about 1 inch apart on baking sheet.

(I used a circular cookie cutter and used my thumb and pinkie fingers to form a paw print on top.)

Bake on the center rack about 25-30 minutes.  Remove to wire rack to cool completely.  Store in the fridge in an airtight container, up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...