Sunday, September 8, 2013

Honey Beer Bread



Just look at that buttery crust.  That dense crumb.  Oh man.  How do people do Paleo?  

As you may be aware, I've made a lot of beer breads in my day.  It is oft-requested, always tasty, and seldom leftover.  

So in a celebration of September taking it's sweet sweet time to get here and all that is autumn beer, I used Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale in this one, and threw in some of the delectable new raw honey I bought for good measure.

I, of course, in typically brilliant fashion, slathered it with my super non-photogenic, somewhat chunky, hastily mixed honey butter.  Yes, even more honey.  It was as delicious as it is ugly.  And oh.  It's ugly.


Now I would quickly like to share with you one of the pitfalls of food bloggery.  You see I specialize in a very specific type of food photography.  




I mean, it's incredibly technical, but if I were to attempt to describe it in layman's terms, it would involve something like "taking pictures of my dog gazing longingly at baked goods."




And while this may not be inherently obvious, there are certain dangers that go along with this specific hobby, making it...problematic.  You see the closer she gets to the food the cuter she looks, the better the pictures.  However pooches will be pooches.  And if she can extend her long, disconcertingly anteater-like tongue to snag a taste of the goods...she most certainly will.



And as you may have guessed by now, that's exactly what she did.  But once that happens, don't you really kind of owe her a taste anyway?  I think so.


Honey Beer Bread
(makes 1 loaf, from brown eyed baker)

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup bread flour
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 bottle beer (12oz, I used Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale)
3 Tbsp raw honey
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted.

Preheat the oven to 350, and grease a 9x5'' loaf pan.

In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt.  Stir in beer and honey until well combined and no more dry flour is visible.  Pour into loaf pan.  Drizzle the top with melted butter.

Bake 50-60 min.  Allow to cool completely before slicing.  Serve with honey butter, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...