Friday, February 3, 2012

Rice Krispie Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies




Oh my goodness I am so sorry about my super long extended absence.

Things have been nuts around here.  I baked some pork and it came out way ugly.  I baked a chocolate cake.  My camera died.  I ordered an Italian cookbook printed in Kansas City that my mom suggested.  I baked turkey meatloaf.  I gobbled it all up before I could take even one picture.  I took Cricket to the dog park a few times.

And then I baked these.  Rice Krispie oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

I brought them in to work.  They are allegedly "slap your mama good", and I didn't even make that up.



So here you go.  Sorry for the absence.


I know, I know.

How man stinking same-looking variations of chocolate chip cookies is this lady going to talk about?  There have been Cheaters, Browned Butters, Soft ones, Pumpkin Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Oatmeals, and I can't even guarantee that these will be the last.  Well even though these don't look much different, they taste different and have a super wonderful texture.  They are all at once, chewy, flaky, crunchy, and gooey.  Oh yeah, and delicious.

Rice Krispie Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from food.com)

1 cup (2 sticks) butter (softened)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup quick oats
1 (12oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix together butter, oil and sugars until smooth and creamy.

Add egg, salt, cream of tartar, vanilla, and baking soda and mix well.

Stir in flour, followed by rice, oats, and chocolate chips until combined.

Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes or until lightly brown at the edges.  Allow to cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely.



4 comments:

  1. aack! How much flour? I'm in the middle of mixing these and it doesn't say how much flour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3.5 cups flour...so sorry Ellen! I hope I caught you in time!

      Delete
  2. instead of oats i put marshmallows

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these for years and they are great. You can add a cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to make them even better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...